20091224

Nature's free shows


I am updating this in the early morning, at the patio of a hotel room. From the panoramic seaview I am watching how the morning light banishes the darkness and casts golden edges on one side of the restful boats in the sea. One of Nature's most spectacular shows. And yesterday I saw another. I sat at the beach watching the sun set - seeing how the sun retreated to its majestic repose and the trees turned from lush green to becoming silhouettes against the multi-coloured backdrop.

While I am awestruck by the breathtaking beauty, I am also a bit saddened by the fact that these shows by Nature, which should be free for everyone's enjoyment, have become such a luxury and rarity for cityfolks who are typically busy and cut off from Nature. A not so enviable aspect of modern life.

No comments: