20100223

When being friendly is not a desirable trait

As usual, while taking my lunchtime hike today, I flirted with one of members of one of the two colonies of stray cats. Unexpectedly, that young cat of about one or two years old responded to my cooing by standing right under my feet. It didn't run away when I tried to stroke it, and it even nudged me after a while.

This people-friendliness is supposed to be a desirable trait, but with some animal-hating cowards lurking in the dark, this trait may put the poor a street cat in grave danger. Those perverts may lure the cat into befriending them, and then make a lethal, cold-blooded strike when the trusting cat least expects it.

In many ways this is a cruel world. For a stray cat without any protection it is even more so.

No comments: