20110316

From "Life without Limbs" to "Life without Limits"



One e-book I have been sampling (and definitely will buy, when I have finished the couple that are still in my Kindle) is Nick Vujicic's Life Without Limits. He is, of course, the world renowned man who was born without any limbs whom I wrote about in the 25 November blog entry last year. What is truly amazing is not only that he has transformed a "life without limbs" that most would shudder at into a "life without limits", it is also his incredibly positive attitude, saying that life is "ridiculously good" and he is "ridiculously happy".

Nick Vujicic reminds us of this line from the Bible: "Consider it pure joy, whenever you face trials of any kinds." (James 1:2) But of course it was not plain sailing. It wasn't for his parents. "My parents are devout Christians," Nick wrote. "But after I was born with neither arms nor legs, they wondered what God had in mind in creating me." And it wasn't for him. "That is a lesson I struggled many years to learn," he said.

But he said that he eventually figured it out, and the purpose of sharing his life story with the readers is that "through my experiences I can help you see that most of the hardships we face provide us with opportunities to discover who we are meant to be and what we can share of our gifts to benefit others".

Remember Stanley Arnold's immortal line, "Every problem contains within itself the seeds of its own solution", that I quoted in the blog on 25 February?

Aren't these just different ways of saying the same thing?

1 comment:

Brasil said...

This book is exactly what it is supposed to be [Motivational] plus an inside look at Nick dealing with an extreme physical challenge with extreme courage. Nick will definitely uplift you and has great humor doing so.