20110312

"He did that, too!"

You know what kids like doing when they are found to have done something wrong? They point an accusing finger at another kid and yell: "He did that, too!"

That's exactly what Sir Alex Ferguson in response to the remarks of Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish (see my blog entry on 4 March) and former English manager Graham Taylor regarding his criticism of referees. Here is what he said:

"I was disappointed with Graham Taylor, who wrote that I had to take 'the rough with the smooth'. I think back to when he was England manager and was complaining to a linesman: 'The referee has got me the sack.' People have short memories. Kenny Dalglish looked to be lecturing me in the papers about the need to respect referees, perhaps forgetting that not so long ago his players were tweeting critically all over the place about Howard Webb."

No comments: