20110910

Getting recharged



According to the book Mindfulness in Plain English, meditation creates an environment conducive to the release of tension built up in the press of events during the day. By setting up a formal meditation period,

“We withdraw from those events that constantly stimulate the mind. We back out of all that activity that prods the emotions. We go off to a quiet place and we sit still, and it all comes bubbling out. Then it goes away. The net effect is like recharging a battery. Meditation recharges your mindfulness.”

That is why I feel the need to go to the countryside by myself from time to time. I would find a quiet place, sit there and let the mind cleanse itself of the various troubling thoughts and connect with Nature. Recharging is exactly the feeling I have every time I do that. 

No comments: